Phacus sp. @ 400x - using a pixel 5 for microscopic photography/video

This afternoon I decided to see if my phone camera would work on my microscope. I was happy to discover it actually works pretty well considering.

Using just a phone tripod arranged in front of the eyepiece of my Ken-a-Vision 400x I was able to get some shots of a cute little phacus in a pond water sample.  I uploaded a short video in which you can just make out the spinning flagellum.  It is difficult to see it at 400x but you can spot the movement in the video better.

I'll take what I learned here and probably try to make something a bit more stable to hold the phone near the eyepiece.

Phacus sp. 400x

Phacus sp. 400x






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Springtime Schooner building

How to: Renew Apple MDM Certificate for Microsoft Intune